Prayer Request Update

Sunday I asked for prayer. Thank you for praying. Here is what happened.

I went to the meeting and it was fine. My grandma was crying when she saw me. She said that she was so happy I was there, that she knows I have a lot of Bible knowledge I just need some guidence.

They had a song from a "hymnal" (I'm not sure what the book was called). It was about the manna in the wilderness. Then my cousin's husband got up and did his talk. It was about the old law, and how we aren't under that law any more because of JESUS' sacrifice. It was all true and he referanced Scripture repeatedly.

I only had one problem with the talk and it may have been because he hadn't read this in the Bible yet. He held up a piece of paper that had a picture of a large dot with goemetric shapes surrounding it. He was making a point about distractions keeping us from reading the Bible. Then he held up a piece of paper that had the same dot and the distracting shapes were pushed away from the dot. So there was a blank space between the dot and the shapes. He said that we need to push away our worries and cares of our day to day life so that we can focus on GOD. Who is the center dot. We need to push them to the back of our minds.

But I know from I Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
I know that we give GOD our worries and cares and HE is faithful to carry us through. That is how we focus on HIM more.

But again this is not a theological point to say that they are a cult. Just a missed point in understanding GOD.

After his talk they then had another song. I left at this point and my cousin walked me out. We stood in the parking lot and talked for at least an hour. I found that she believes some things the same as we do we had been arguing for the same point and not even knowing it.

When I got home my I told my hubby about it. He said that the next thing my cousin and I need to do is to decide which version of the Bible is truth and only use it in our search for truth. I agree. She uses the New World Translation. I believe from reading some of the verses from it, that it has a different message.

The main thing that I got from the day is this. My cousin asked me after the meeting regarding if they were a cult. She said, "What do you think? You say what happened in there. Was it weird?"

I answered her this way though there was more. It looked just like a old church service. Nothing off the wall. Then I told her that off the wall doesn't define cult. Cult is defined as any interperation of GOD'S Word that is changed enough to distort HIS meaning, that people follow religiously.

I felt however that it was just like an old church service where the HOLY SPIRIT was absent. There was no praise of GOD and HIS attributes. They did pray that the Spirit would guid them in their everyday life. I felt that it was very wordy and enough to confuse. Even in their literature they use so many words to get a point across. A friend last night said that is was because they are trying to make it sound spiritual because they don't have the SPIRIT. Right on baby! That is just what it felt like.

This is an expierence that has lead me closer to GOD the FATHER, the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT. I am more clear of my understanding of THEM and I hear HIS voice and know it is HIM.

Peace and Love to all.

Comments

Thanks for the update!

Popular Posts