Grandma's Passing

Well, it has been almost 4 years. Grandma has been in the nursing home on a feeding tube. She has been mostley unconscience the whole time. Friday night the nurses called my father-in-law(FIL) and told him that she was doing worse and it would not be long. We have actually heard that before, and we were wondering if this would truely be her time. But she has always just continued through this kind of thing. So we were more curious than worried. She made it throug and Sunday after church we went to the nursing home to see her. My FIL had come to church with us so he and his dear friend met us at the home.

We surrounded her and talked. The kids showed off for other people. I felt lead to pray with her. She was responding with her eyebrows, and trying to open her eyes. When I asked her if she would pray with me she seemed to be in aggrement. I couldn't really tell since she couldn't talk. So I leaned in close and prayed for her comfort, peace, and faith that GOD was with her. She didn't change visibaly, but the message was spoken and others heard it. They all paused and were quiet.

She continued with her high fever and slipping in and out of conscienceness for the next two days. On Tuesday at around 10 pm she passed. We have known that she couldn't last forever on the feeding tube, but it is still hard.

We have family coming from all around and we will be spending time today at her house to find pictures and the like to place at the funeral home for the visitation and services.

She was a sweet, cranky, little lady that always looked like you could break her if you bumped her hard enough. But then you would hear about her escipades. She love to travel and when I met her she had just finished another trip to Europe. She would always go alone and she had a great time. She love the UK. I am sure when we go searching we will find many things from her trips there.

Be praying for the family. This is my DH's family. There has been animosity between FIL and his brother regarding money. Uncle is flying in and hasn't been here to see his mom since the stroke. FIL mentioned that he believed GOD was punishing him for not being good to his mom and his family. FIL's father had committed suiside when FIL had just started his family. It was really hard on my DH and FIL. So FIL believes that GOD has been punishing him for his life lived and this could go two ways the next few days. Please pray that DH and I can be GOD'S light, bringing joy and GOD'S comfort to this situation. Please pray that I will break this cynical attitude that I am holding on to so tightly, and that the HOLY SPIRIT will use me in spite of me.

I love you all and am really glad that we can connect with so many for prayer.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am quite sure the Lord will use you.
Unknown said…
Also, I am praying for you my precious friend. I sure love having you in my corner!
Overwhelmed! said…
I stopped by to see if you had a recipe for Five Ingredients Friday, and found this post about your grandma's death.

I'm so very sorry for your loss! You and your family will be in my prayers.
Seeker4Christ said…
i prayed for you continually from the time you posted this and throuought the wkend. Im sorry for your loss. God is using you constantly to grow others big, girl! Incl. me! Sorry I didn't get to comment on this sooner - been real busy with kids outside and summertime stuff.
Christy said…
I just happend across your blog from another friend and I began to read. I can relate b/c I lost my great mema this weekend. I will be praying for your family. Please visit me some time! Have a blessed 4th of July!

Popular Posts