Five Ingredients Friday Post 3

Check out the blog of the host of Five Ingredients Friday http://www.overwhelmedwithjoy.blogspot.com/

I have been trying to make food that wee enjoy when we go out. Or foods that we crave and usually have to buy out. Here is my meal of Asian inspired food. My step-mother is from the Philippians so the Adubo and the Spanich dishes are from her.

I love fried rice but my son is allergic to peanuts and egg so I made this version so we can still enjoy but we know it is safe and a little healthier.

Fried Rice

1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cooked and cubed
Cooked rice (1 part rice 2 parts water I use 1 cup rice and 2 cups water)
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1/2 cup chopped green onion
Soy sauce

In a large bowl combine rice and add soy sauce until the rice looks brown enough for you. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Cook in a fry pan or wok with a little oil (I use canola or olive) until heated through. Free of MSG and Peanut oil.

Adubo (A doo boo)

1 to 2 lbs meat sliced thin (you can use chicken breast, pork tenderloin, or beef stake)

Lay meat in a fry pan pour white vinager until just below the top of the meat do not cover. Add soy sauce until vinager looks brown like the soy sauce. Squirt a little lemon over top. add about a tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook until the meat is done and most of the liquid is gone. Make sure to leave enough for a sauce on your rice.

Makes my mouth water just writing this.

Cooked Spanich

1 clove garlic minced
1 small onion minced
1 med tomato cubed
Lots of fresh spanich

In a fry pan cook garlic and onion in oil until carmilized add tomato and spinach. Cover and cook on low heat until spanich is to your desired doneness. (I am so technical when I cook. He, he).

Sometimes my mom added a can of tuna and a scrambled egg to this dish. It sounds weird but we loved it. Just try something new.

These all taste great if you add a little lemon when serving.

I am risking a lot telling you all about these dishes. I have been given grief from friends when they find out I love to eat this way. Oh well. There is so much culture in this world we are not even aware of.

Comments

Overwhelmed! said…
Oooh, these sound yummy! I might have to try one next week. :)
Michelle said…
The Adubo recipe w/the Fried Rice is definitely on my list now!

I might try the spinach one, but DH isn't too keen on spinach so we'll see!

Popular Posts