Five Ingredients Friday Post 4

When I found that my DS had allergic reactions to baby cereal I bought the Magic Bullet blender. I was making brown rice and blending it for his cereal. I also found it was great to blend those veggies that you can't get in jars. Beets, brussell sprouts, spanich. You can get spanich but usually with cheese or other veggis mixed in. I love this blender and it has been well used.

When I need a mommy treat I used to go for the sweets now I am in love with hummus. This is easy and tasty and cheap. I did splurge and buy the tahini at the health food section of our gorcery store. But one jar goes a long way. The recipe comes out of the cookbook I got with my blender. This is an exact copy of their recipe.

Hallelujah Hummus

We love hummus because it's so rich and creamy! This traditional Greek delicacy can be served as a dip or a side dish.

1/4 cup chicken (or vegatable) stock
14 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbs. lemon juice
3 Tbs. tahini (sesame paste)

First... Add all ingredients into the Tall Cup.
Next... Twist on the Cross Blade and blend until smooth.
Then... Salt and pepper to taste.

I usually keep the juice that cookes off of the chicken or beef when we cook, and freeze it for just such times as this. Or I just make some broth with a bullion cube 1 cup water to one cube. Around here all I can find for chickpeas are 15oz cans so I just use the whole thing. If your garlic cloves are huge just use one and taste it before you use another. I at least double the lemon. I have ommitted the tahini for my son's allergies. It is not as good but it works for him. I have never added salt or pepper. When I make it I put in the everything but the broth and start to blend. Then I add broth until it is the right consistancy. Enjoy. I hope I simplified it for you.

Comments

Michelle said…
I've never actually had hummus before, but this sounds like a good recipe for a dip with some veggies. I think I might have to venture out and buy some!

Popular Posts